Thursday, April 29, 2004

Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | I told them everything, says Bush after secret hearing in Oval Office
"Asked about the reasons for the joint appearance yesterday, Mr Bush said: 'I wanted them to know how I set strategy, how we run the White House, how we deal with threats. The vice-president answered a lot of questions - answered all their questions. And I think it was important for them to see our body language as well, how we work together.'"

I want to emphasize something because I truly cannot believe he said this: "I think it was important for them to see our body language as well, how we work together." First of all, on its face, does it even make sense at all? Body language? Who THINKS like this? Secondly, I can't for the life of me think of WHY it would be important for the 9/11 Commission to know how George Bush and Dick Cheney work together. Too bad the brilliant liberal media couldn't ask him that question. Oh that's right. It's too scary to ask the president questions. The other thing I find disturbing is the commissioners' notebooks were confiscated and will be checked in case they wrote down anything confidential. WTF? Will they send the commissioners to Lacuna, Inc. to have their memories erased if they heard something confidential?

No comments: