Monday, October 04, 2021

Schrader on 'Master Gardener,' With Joel Edgerton, Sigourney Weaver - Variety

Schrader commented that “audiovisual entertainment is just fine.” He added, “We have more than we ever had, more than we could ever absorb.” However, theatrical revenue will continue to decline, he claimed. “I am happy to end my career riding that broken-down horse into the sunset. But I have no illusions about the nature of that horse,” he said, also opening up about his struggles. “The biggest mistake you can make is casting. If you miscast a movie, there is nothing you can do. You are just fucked. The other one is getting involved with people who don’t respect you. That has gotten worse because there is more and more money coming from people who don’t like or even watch movies. Every director, male or female, is an alpha creature, so part of you says: ‘Give me a chair, a whip, I will go into that cage full of lions.’ Well. Sometimes, the lions win.”

No comments: