Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sarkozy elected France's president - Yahoo! News
I was pulling for Sego, but Sarkozy seems like a competent, intelligent, well-spoken and thoughtful person. I'm not all that knowledgeable about his overall political background. I know he is spoken of as a conservative, but what conservative that we Americans are familiar with would say "I want to tell (the U.S.) that friendship is accepting that one's friends can act differently, and that a great nation like the United States has the duty to not obstruct the fight against global warming but on the contrary to take the lead"? The great thing about this whole election though was how quickly it happened! Wouldn't that be great? And I LOVE the "day of reflection" ban on all political talk/discussion the day before the polls open. Paradise! This sure seems like a civilized way to run a country.

No comments: