Friday, September 24, 2010

Is Aaron Sorkin's 'The Social Network' the Scathing Portrait of Mark Zuckerberg That Facebook Fears? -- New York Magazine:
"“I don’t want my fidelity to be to the truth; I want it to be to storytelling,” Sorkin says, blithely tossing potential critics a couple of hundred rounds of free ammo. “I feel like, had I met Mark, I would have felt a certain obligation to make the character sound like Mark, walk like Mark, all of those things. And frankly, I probably would have had an affection for him that I wouldn’t have wanted to betray.”"

Who's the real asshole here? To my mind it's Sorkin. Look, if you are going to use real people and real events in your "storytelling", then you need to stick to the facts. They are using Facebook to sell their movie which they admit is fiction. I would think Facebook has a legitimate legal case here. Sorkin could have easily changed the names of everybody and his precious "storytelling" would be just as shitty. Supremely over-rated, egotistical, smug, dismissive hack.

No comments: